jueves, 24 de enero de 2013

Sharp Objects: A Novel - Book Review

Only 15 minutes before I started this article, I turned the last page of Sharp Objects: A Novel by Gillian Flynn.  It's 6 AM and I'm exhausted from staying up all night reading, but I had to come write this while it was still fresh in my mind, while the feelings are still there.

If I could choose one word to sum up all of Sharp Objects, it would be addictive.  Dark and twisted, you're drawn in from the very first page, ensnared into a story you love to hate and can't put down.  Throughout the book I was conflicted, unsure if I liked it or not but helplessly unable to turn off the light and go to bed.  As the chapters flew by I found myself increasingly disturbed and intrigued at the same time.

Camille Preaker, a reporter recovering from a recent stay in a mental hospital, is sent back to her hometown by her boss to cover the story of the murder of a young girl and the disappearance of another.  Returning home brings back buried childhood memories and a troubled past, with the case stirring up things best left forgotten.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario