viernes, 25 de enero de 2013

Folklore Friday - An Introduction


Folklore is the grandfather of literature, the original bedtime stories.  Even before we had paper and ink, we had words.  Storytelling is a tradition of the human race, nurturing your imaginations and creating the storytellers of the future.  Folklore may not be elegant or award winning, but it plays an important role in the history of writing.  Every Friday I will write about a different folklore, some that are household names, others that are less widespread. I'd like to give credit to my friend Cassie for coming up with this brilliant idea and allowing me to use it! Hansel and Gretel will be the subject of my first ever Folklore Friday, a tale most children have heard at least once growing up.



Hansel and Gretel at the Gingerbread House

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario